Sunday, 1 July 2012

Lake Kawaguchiko

Okay, so I'm done with Kyoto. Next, I headed to Lake Kawaguchiko which according to some reliable sources this is where I can get a perfect view of the world's most symmetrical inactive volcanic mountain Mount Fuji. Oh gosh, trust me I had myself a journey of hell to get there from Kyoto. I picked the wrong time, I carried my heavy backpacks, during peak hour, on the train with hundreds of Japanese fitted in a small cabin.

The journey itself took me about 5 hours, I departed from Kyoto about 3pm and arrived there at 830pm. Talking about a remote area, it was so quiet and dark and I couldn't resist the thought of being captured by the lake monster nearby. Ooh yeah, too much of Men In Black.

Image

Then, I checked into a hotel (Kawaguchiko Business & Resort SAWA Hotel) which is actually in a short walking distance from the station that I got off. Got myself a dinner from the nearby convenience store and dashed to sleep for an early rise on the next day.

Image

The morning view from my room. Felt so refreshing to wake up with the clean and cool air by the lake.

The local people say you can get the perfect view of Mt Fuji if you manage to get up early before the mountain is covered by thick clouds later during the day. As early 8am as they say.

Image

But unlucky me, I only managed to get a short glance of it since the clouds had already surrounded the mountain. Well maybe next time I should pay a visit again to Mt Fuji when there is no cloud, possibly during winter season (since it is dry).

Image

Image

Image

Image

There is a walking trail for tourists to explore more on attractions of the lake. One of them is the botanical garden which is enrich with all sorts of flower and they do put up a gazebo for tourists to enjoy the view of the lake and the mountain.

Image

Image

Image

Regards,

Asyraaf Kadir