Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan

I finished my a-week-trip to Japan with a visit to one of the world's largest aquarium in the world, Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan. It is easily accessible by subway from Osaka Station but still you've to walk further for 5 minutes. It is a giant 7-storey building painted in striking red and blue color and nearby there is a giant Tempozan Ferris Wheel. It is not hardly to notice it from afar since it is massively huge.

P1130286-1

P1130276-1

I was quite surprised, it was on Saturday and I expected it to be really crowded (with kids and family) but I was glad it didn't turn out that way.Not that I was hoping it happened though.

P1130277-1

P1130289-1

Anyway, it boasts many species of water inhabitants and the animal are placed according to where they live like white sea otter in the Northern Pacific Ocean section. All the sections are amazingly and thoroughly planned as if the visitors are touring the ocean from all around the globe.



source: the official Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan's website,  http://www.kaiyukan.com/language/eng/profile/index.htm

P1130295-1

This channel is like a time-machine tube, where it brings you to the wonderful life of the water inhabitants from all around the world.

P1130308-1

This animal is so shy, I could only snap this picture instead.

P1130355-1

The most graceful animal that I've ever seen, the manta ray. It kept on dancing under the light like how it does usually in the ocean under the moonlight. When I said "dancing", it was not "ga-ga-ing" like Lady Gaga but instead it made 360 degrees of back-flip while flipping its huge wings.

Sadly, I missed the mascot of the aquarium, the whale shark since there were some modifications need to be done ad hoc to its tank to allow future accommodation of the new breed. Wonder what it will be?

I love the aquarium, and it's enjoyable to kids and adults like me!

Sayonara,

Asyraaf Kadir