Sunday, 1 February 2015

Doctor Love

I'm really annoyed when people ask me "Hey, what kind of doctor are you going to be?".

How would I know? I haven't done my internship. I haven't feel the sweetness and bitterness of a doctor. How would I know?

I don't want to be a regular doctor. Not a GP. Crossed that out even before I was born.

When I was in my first year of medical school, I wanted to be an orthopod. Why? It's a straight forward field; you see a fracture and you fix it. Bended and broken bones, pick up the tools then you straighten and nail them together. How hard that would be? It's a boy's club too. You also make a lot of money if you're planning to do joints replacement in private sector. 

A year later, I wanted to be an ophthalmologist. Why? Eye is an amazing organ. It connects the body to the outside world, and being able to give people chances to see again would be ridiculously amazing.

Yes doctors are no God.

Then I wanted to become a physician. They are super smart. They know everything that is under the Sun. 

Then I thought an anaesthetist would be a cool profession. They have good hands, they know their drugs in and out. They know how to resuscitate people back to life. 

And now I want to be a neonatologist. Why? I met a super cool registrar and she makes neonatology looks like the coolest job ever. 

Maybe I should end this mind-puzzling future making decision and become a love doctor.