Friday, 25 September 2015

Almond Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Coconut

Have you ever tried hiding food from yourself or yourself from food? I have this bad habit, I like snacking all the time. I eat junk food, chocolates, cakes and all the sweet things that you can name under the sun. It is not healthy, I am aware of that but I could not help myself not to touch or taste them at all!

Sigh.

Anyway, I was cleaning up my room and I came across plenty of almond meal left in one of the boxes. It is still in good condition and has not expired yet so I decided to look up any recipes using almond meal (besides Macaron) to finish it all.



This healthy recipe is gluten free and to me, it looks healthy. No use of saturated fat or white sugar, so I gave it a try. Trust me, it is so good! I made it every week for the last 3 weeks and I told myself to keep the leftovers but I finished it all overnight. Sigh.

It was meant to be cookies but I could not be bothered to shape the dough.

Ingredients:

  1. 1 1/4 cup of almond meal
  2. 1/3 cup of brown sugar
  3. 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
  4. 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
  5. 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  6. 1/4 tsp of salt
  7. 3 tbs of coconut oil (melted)
  8. 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
  9. 1 large egg

Methods:

  1. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Put them aside.
  2. Whisk the whole egg with vanilla essence and coconut oil until it turns fluffy and pale.
  3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
  4. Once mixed well, keep it in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours or overnight. 
  5. Once set, create tiny balls from the dough and flatten it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. 
  6. Bake at 190 C for 5-10 minutes until it turns brown at the edge.
*I cheated, instead of setting it in the fridge I poured the mix into a square baking pan and baked it straightaway for a longer period until the edge turned brown. So it turned out like brownies*


Enjoy!

Recipe was from Minimalist Baker. For more healthy recipe, follow the website.




No comments:

Post a Comment