Saturday, 16 January 2016

A New Beginning

So I spent 3 months in Malaysia after graduation with intention to work in my hometown. To be closer to my family and once again to be reunited with my favourite food! Those long holiday flew so fast and now I just hit another new reality, back in the Old Adelaide. 

Waiting for a hospital placement in Malaysia is notoriously long enough, even a pregnant lady who applied to MMC (Malaysia Medical Council) would have given birth by the time an offer letter sent to her. Yet I had tried to make the best out of it, planning to travel once again. 

I thought I would love the idea of hanging around at home, getting pampered by my parents and pretty much doing nothing all day long. 

I jogged. I read. I eat. I went out.

But time proves me wrong.

"An idle brain is the workshop of a devil".

In late November, I received a job offer from a rural hospital in South Australia for an internship position. Sounds a great deal to everyone but for me, I was hesitating. Look at it, I will not even dare to call Adelaide a city and now I will be placed 440km away from it! For a year! I thought I will go mental. 

But spending 6 months in Kuching lazing around (without earning money) is not sexy too. So I said yes, booked a last minute flight to Adelaide (after New Year), drove alone for 5 hours to the second most populated city in South Australia, met new people and tried to get orientated in this foreign place. 

This whole experience is super overwhelming! 

"...and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know." (Surah Baqarah: 216)

I am crossing my fingers, boasting with hopes for a better future.



No comments:

Post a Comment